Monday, February 13, 2006

Leaving for Saigon


Going to Vietnam
Originally uploaded by Zakcq.
I will be on an airplane heading for Hong Kong in just twelve hours. Yikes!

I have to say I'm a little nervous. But, who wouldn't be nervous moving to the other side of the world for five months? I'm excited to take vietnamese courses and to make vietnamese friends. Also, I'm going to try and see if I can take some martial arts classes. I'm a black belt in tae kwon do, so I think it would be really neat to take some other martial art. Also, that would be a great way to really immerse myself in vietnamese culture and language.

Anyway, all of you, please take care of Zakcq while I'm gone. Make sure he doesn't get too lonely.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Jessica, how is it going over there? I'm sure saying that it is really different is an understatement! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it on your blog. . .no pressures though. I know it's a huge adjustment and just even doing basic things can be a big deal. But fun too.